I know, I know… I’m really late on the bandwagon for this one. :-) This holiday set came out two years ago, but I found it in an online cosmetics outlet recently and snatched it nevertheless. I figured a review would still be useful, even though it’s not available anymore, because all the polishes in the set are on OPI’s permanent shades list, thus you could still buy them individually.
The set contains ten mini nail-polishes (3.75ml). The shades, from what I understand, are OPI’s top ten best selling shades of all time:
- Bubble bath – pale, translucent nude for french manicure
- Tickle my France-y – opaque warm taupe
- Alpine snow – white for french manicure, really opaque
- Princesses rule – almost translucent ping glitter topper
- Strawberry margharita – cold toned hot pink
- That’s hula-rious – mint green
- Do you have this colour in Stock-holm – bright turkish blue, leaning towards purple
- Lincoln Park after dark – dark, almost black, purple
- Big apple red – warm true red
- Malaga wine – dark wine red, cold toned
The polishes were packaged in two separate boxes of five, which would be great if you decided to gift the set to more than one person. All the colours have OPI’s well known formulation, which lasts on my nails 3-4 days without chipping. That duration however is strictly individual and depends heavily on the nail itself and the top and base coats used (I use Essie’s Millionails and Sally Hansen’s Insta-Dri).
Overall, I’m pretty happy I got my hands on this set. I think it’s a great introduction to OPI nail polishes and the shade selection is great. I for one already plan on purchasing full sizes of my favourite shades in the set – ‘Malaga Wine’, ‘Lincoln Park after dark’ and ‘Do you have this colour in Stock-holm?’.