‘This & That’ posts are slowly turning into my favourite thing to write. I’ve actually been thinking of making them a monthly thing on the blog since I think of them as a way to take a note of the small daily things which make life worth living and keep me smiling and thankful. Something like ‘lifestyle favourites’, perhaps? Here’s a few highlights from the past few months:
- Q & A a day – I found this little gem while randomly browsing through the english books section in Orange Centеr. I’ve actually had it in my wishlist for a while. It’s a 5 year Q&A journal, where you have to answer one question a day and see how your answers change throughout the years. I love the idea and the experience so far. I also think this could be an awesome gift idea. There are editions for couples and mothers as well.
- Cherni Vrah (Black Peak) – Maybe a week or two before the weather got bad and winter settled in (ugh…) I got the chance to revisit a mountain top I’ve conquered in my youth – Cherni Vrah or Black Peak. It might not be a big deal to almost anyone living in Sofia, since Vitosha mountain is reachable by public transport and the peak is accessible, but I loved it. I’m kind of mad at myself for not doing this more often and I have no excuse, since the place is so close to home. Definitely one of my best weekend walks these past few months as evident from my makeup-free, happy face on the picture above.
- ‘Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children’ Book Series – I finished another young adult book series. I actually read the first book around Christmas last year (very appropriate holiday read), but decided to leave the other two as Halloween treat. I liked the books. I can’t say they were creepy (although some of the photos in them really are disturbing), but the story is fast paced and suspenseful. I don’t know why, but for some reason they remind me of the period in the Harry Potter series when Ron, Harry and Hermione were hiding from the Death Eaters and were in constant risk and danger. Maybe it’s the feeling of helplessness? Overall, I liked the books way more than I expected and I do recommend them. They are a light read, but the story is original and they do set the mood for Halloween, quite nice.
- New in pile – Тhis is the ‘new in’ pile for the last month. A little sneak peek for upcoming reviews. Christmas releases are destroying my budget and it’s not fair! Also, can I just take a moment to say that the second I saw the ‘Saint and Sinner’ palette my jaw dropped. Kat Von D, you’ll forever be an art goddess in my eyes. Just when I think that you cannot possibly top the ‘Metal Matte’ palette from last holiday season… oh my! Btw, speaking of my wallet dying – there is a new mini ‘Metal Matte’ palette already on the market and a ‘Metal Matte’ vol. 2 in development. Question – can you somehow make the bank transfer your salary directly to the Kat Von D online shop, every month? ‘Cause, you know, that’s where it’s going anyway.
- Lacuna Coil Concert – Guess who got to see a favourite band of her teenage years live. Me! Italian gothic metal. It was awesome! They performed almost all of my favourite songs (I knew ‘To Myself I Turned’ won’t be part of the setlist, but a girl can dream). I can definitely rank them among the best live bands I’ve heard. Christina is almost too gorgeous to look at and I think I’ve played ‘Naughty Christmas’ on repeat for a month now.
- Walks with Marley – And last but not least – here’s Marley, the goofy lovable fluff ball. He’s one of my favourite things in the world and the list just won’t be complete without him. Now that the weather is cooler we finally got the chance to go on longer walks without him melting in the heat. The fluff loves it and I love it, because I get to share them with him.
This post is also available in: Bulgarian